Tuesday 29 October 2013

Handmade Holidays - Stuffies

Today's edition of Handmade Holidays is brought to you by my wonderful sister "A" and her equally wonderful husband "B".  They have made the most lovely stuffies for the babies of family and friends.   B drew out the patterns - kind of a cross between a live animal and a cartoon...and then they upcycled some clothes and fabric remnants to come up with great combinations.
 Sea turtle
 Whale
Elephant
Lots of elephants...I love their tails tied up in a knot.

If you would like to make your own, she has generously shared photos of the hand-drawn patterns with me, but I don't know how to share them with you other than just showing them here:
I wondered how they were able to get the ear inserted...the head and body are two separate pieces with the ear sandwiched in between.  The elephants have different fabrics on each side, as well as different fabrics for the ears - for the full tactile experience.

 For the sea turtle, the spots were sewn on first, and then the body was assembled (the arms and legs are tucked in there as well-and sewn right into the seam).

The whale's fins(?) are also tucked into the seam.
I can't help but wonder if one lucky person is getting this matching set.

Is anyone else getting busy with their holiday crafting?  I have a few projects on the go...it's just hard to finish them up now that the boys stay up later - less "secret crafting" time.  I have taken to bringing a project to work for lunch time but not much progress happens in just 15 minutes at a time.

Incidentally, all of my Handmade Holidays posts to date can be found on this pinterest board.

                          Fiber Arts Friday over at Wisdom Begins in Wonder
                          Creative Friday at Natural Suburbia





5 comments:

  1. Cute! You are invited to share this with Show Your Stuff:
    http://www.treasuresmadefromyarn.com/2013/10/show-your-stuff_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever. They are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. Those are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with the elephants! All of the projects are great but lovin' the elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so beautiful. I have started making felt food for Christmas, but that is about as far as I have got.

    ReplyDelete