Monday 21 October 2013

Craft Show Prep meets Handmade Holidays


Craft show prep that will do double duty once the time comes for holiday decorating.

My next craft show is a mere 3 and a half weeks away.  I still have some work to do in the display department, so yesterday I got to it.  I scavenged up some large branches in the backyard and just chopped them up into random lengths.

This will give me the height variations I am looking for without filling up my table with boxes or larger blocks.
 Plus it gives me the versatility to add in some fresh elements if I can get my act together in time.
 They are absolutely perfect for displaying my tiny itty bitty items - like these fairy/gnome dish sets I am working on...
 ...without them getting lost on a large table.

And then when the holidays get here, I can use them again...
I only set up a small portion of it here since I was a little rushed for time, but picture this three or four times times longer...won't it be nice on my dining room shelf?  I might add in little containers of greens too.

I think I have plenty of blocks cut.

The inspiration came from this picture I found on Pinterest, but as far as I can tell, this is the original source.
Maybe I can convince someone to cut me some great big logs?  I don't use the chainsaw.

How are your handmade holiday preparations coming along?

Linking up with:  Keep Calm Craft On over at Frontier Dreams
                          The backyard Farming Connection - Hop
                          Creative Friday at Natural Suburbia
                          From the farm blog hop at Fresh Eggs Daily
                          Homemade Monday on Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity 

4 comments:

  1. What an original way to present your work.
    That last picture would make a beautiful christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to display your beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful display ideas! And I love the holiday candles on stumps too... Blessings!

    ReplyDelete