Sunday 22 April 2012

When you go out in the woods today...

That's N on the right.  If you look closely, you will see that neither of his feet are on the ground.  That boys doesn't walk anywhere!
 Don't know what this is with the little white flowers, but it was pretty.
S wanted me to take this picture, because there were masses of this plant...don't know what it is either though.  Time to get an identification guide from the library, perhaps?
The palest purple violets I have ever seen.
And when a tree grows like this...I believe it is actually asking to be climbed.


I don't know if you can see the super tall grasses they are carrying.  I  can tell you they had buckets and buckets of fun with this particular little item.  S felt "very Dr. Suessish" and N spent a whole lot of time being "Horton".  Then trying to convince me there was a spider coming down on my head, and telling a particular donkey to catch the furry carrot.  Why do this children still have a toy bin under their bed, when a piece of wild grass is so much more entertaining?

I hope you all had a lovely weekend...and yes, you are seeing correctly there...we are still in winter coats and hats and gloves.  It was a lovely 3 degrees all weekend, but the wind...oh the wind... my poor garden plants were darn near laying flat on the ground with all the wind.

1 comment:

  1. We had a torrential downpour yesterday, Natalie, so thank you for sharing your lvoely weekend. I LOVE that picture with your son's feet both off the ground! I have a child just like that, and it's reassuring to see somemone else does, too!

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete