Tuesday 14 May 2013

Preparing for craft shows - Branding

I've decided that if I'm going to start doing more craft shows again, that I want to do it better this time around.  I've decided I need to do some "branding" so that people can recognize my booth from one show to another.  My first step was to make this sign...I had painted a scrap piece of wood to prop up on risers for a "second level" at my last pottery show, but it didn't really work as well as I thought it would.  So, in the interest of reusing things I have...I printed out my name (Edwardian Script is the font) as big as I could onto scrap paper, traced it with a pen to scratch it into the wood, and went over it with a permanent marker.  This has been on my to-do list for a while but I just wasn't getting around to it because I'm not that good with a paint brush.  Permanent marker made the job so so much easier.  I think this would work well for a market stall too, or a road side stand.  Total cost:  $0.00, since I had all the materials I needed.

Do any of you have some "branding" tricks for me that you are willing to share?

Linking up with: Keep Calm Craft On over at Frontier Dreams
                         Backyard Farming Connection, for the hop

PS:  For family who haven't been to my house in a while, that's the new paint colour in the front hall, up the stairs, and all the way down to the end of the upstairs hall.

1 comment:

  1. I love your sign and the frugalness of making it! Good luck at the craft shows. :)

    ReplyDelete