Wednesday 15 August 2012

A day out

Last Thursday, the boys and I met up with two of their cousins and my SIL at a park/zoo/aviary.  These pictures have been on my camera since then and I just haven't had two seconds to post them.
 We started off in the aviary because it was raining and the aviary is indoors.
 There were all kinds of colourful birds, a display of eggs, giant tortoises, snakes, lizards.
I didn't take any pictures of the snakes.

We moved on to the "petting zoo" area, and the monkeys.  We fed the monkeys some cereal, which is hysterical to watch.  I didn't get any good pictures of the ducks, goats, monkeys, etc...just these two monkeys:
Fake frightened look...he was posing something fierce for these pictures.
 I have nothing to say about this one - if you knew this little guy, you would understand completely.  This is him in a nutshell...and I wouldn't have it any other way (well, most days, anyways).

Moving on to the Shakespearean village... these were my favourites:




There is a whole village of these houses, castles, churches, and shops surrounding a pond.
Incidentally, my SIL loved these lotus flowers that were in the pond...loved them a lot.




 They are quite pretty aren't they?  Especially all covered in rain drops.

Then we proceeded to the park portion where we had lunch, and the kids got to play to their hearts' content.  Because it was such an overcast, drizzly day, we were one of about 4 families there so they had the place almost to themselves.  The trampolines were probably the biggest hits...
Or maybe the zip line was the favourite...
Either way, they had a blast.  If you are ever in southwestern Ontario and have a chance to visit
 Greenview Aviaries, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment