So, here is what I am supposed to do:
1. Thank the person who gave it to me and link to their blog. Done, see above.
2. Share 7 things about myself.
3. Pass this on to 15 new to me versatile blogs.
OK, step 2...7 things about myself.
1. I love good food. My favourite food groups are waffles, cookies, strawberries from the garden when they are still warm from the sun, a good cup of hot chocolate, tempura crab sushi, and I eat "dessert" with my bedtime snack (usually a cookie, or a piece of chocolate, or some dried fruit).
2. I love to dig in my garden. When I am in a lousy mood in the spring/summer/fall, I just need to get out there and dig around for about half an hour, and everything is just fine.
3. I am terrified of cancer. I am terrified of my kids getting it mostly, but really, anyone I know. It is just so horribly frightening and seems to be ever more common than it used to be.
4. I have too many hobbies, and I think I have a bit of a tendency to go crazy with them. I usually have multiple projects on the go all at the same time. I am working on it.
5. My dream is to have a farm some day, with bees, and ducks, and sheep or alpacas, and a huge monster of a garden. I want to try to grow wheat to last a year. I want to try to grow flaw to spin and weave into cloth big enough to make something even if it is just a coaster. I have big goals, but don't know how to make it a reality with the price of land the way it is around here. I want to build our own furniture with wood we chop down ourselves, and sleep under warm quilts. I want to be an old-time pioneer. For now, I do what I can in the city.
6. I am boring, but I know it. My idea of a great night is having a good dinner at home with the family, some crafting time, and falling asleep with my library book (because magically, the cleaning up and chores would do themselves, you know).
7. If I could go anywhere for a trip, I would visit the east coast of Canada, go on an Alaskan cruise, or possibly, if I ever want to get on a plane again (unlikely) visit the UK.
And now...to pass the award on to 15 new to me blogs that have a mix of recipes, crafts, gardening, family, etc...
I had a bigger list, but this last week, a bunch that I would have given it to already got it from someone else.
So, I am going to add a few that are not new to me, but may be new to you:
There are others I would add, but they already got the award...but they are on the sidebar of blogs I read.
If you have some you would like to share...leave a comment below.