Monday 27 February 2012

Crafting on...

Twice in a row now, I don't have anything for "Using what I have to make what I need".  I seem to be spinning in circles lately, getting distracted by everything that "needs" to get done "right now".

Having said that, I will join Frontier Dreams for "Keep calm, craft on".

 The Green Man mug I worked on this weekend.

 S really likes it, even though it isn't done yet.

The only thing about using the studio at the college is the amount of time it takes to get something back.  It will be 3 to 4 weeks at least before this one comes home finished.  I am looking forward to it.  I  worked on another mug too, that looks like an eyelet fabric


It is based on this fabric...
Do you see it?  I cut this piece of fabric from a ballet costume I had when I was a child...I have boys, I don't think I will be needing the costume any time soon.  It was a skirt with a pair of bloomers underneath.  I have another piece for my bathroom curtain.  OOOH, does that count as using what I have to make what I need?


And for those of you who join me on Tuesday, there is still a little time to use the discount code for my etsy shop.  15% off purchases excluding shipping until the end of the month for my blog readers as a "grand opening sale".  Use the code GRAND2012.  For those of you who read this daily, I apologize for the broken record...I just wanted to catch those who come weekly.

What are you "crafting on" this week?

7 comments:

  1. I love the Green Man mug - would so love to see it again in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous mugs!! How talented you are in all things crafty! I'm trying to get into a knitting groove - been distracted by everything else that needs to be done lately, too ;)
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those mugs are just beautiful!
    My first holy communion dress was in a fabric very similar to your 'ballet costume'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those mugs are amazing! You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those mugs are amazing! You are very talented. That's something I would like to try someday when I have a bit more time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Green Man mug is AMAZING - love it, and can't wait to see the finished product! So clever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are both wonderful! I love you made the handle of the first mug look like a vine

    ReplyDelete