A few years back I was dyeing wool with plants that grow in my yard in the search for green. I made everything but green. But last night...I did it. I finally made green!
So, without further ado...
Stay tuned. Who am I kidding, these won't be a project until the fall because I really need to finish all my current projects before casting on some more.
Edited to add the basic steps: I pretreated the wool with alum
(3/4 oz for the 4 oz of wool), boiled a large ziploc bag of frozen spent
daffodil heads in a pot of water (maybe 3 liters or so) for 30 minutes,
added the wool and kept it hot but not boiling for 30 minutes (at this
point it was yellow) and then put it straight into a hot pot of water
that had copper in it (maybe a teaspoon or two...I forget), and
magically, I got green.
Linking up with Wisdom begins in wonder for Fiber Arts Friday because I can't wait to share this,
and also with Natural Suburbia for Creative Friday, because come on...it's daffodils.
Wildcraft Wednesday at the self sufficient homeacre
Have a lovely day.