Wednesday 21 December 2011

Yarn Along - December 21

Joining Ginny at small things again today for this week's yarn along.

Look everyone, I finished my hat!  Don't I look so serious in this picture?  I took it in the mirror...tricky tricky.  I have to say I just love the hat.  It is warm, and cozy, and stripey and gray, and a little different.  It is a bit top heavy, but I will get used to it.

That is the last project I had on the needles (well...except for "the sweater" that I will have to revisit).  I have to pull out the sleeves and start over...a good project for the winter I am guessing.

You will notice there is no book in the picture.  I am on my way to the library right after I post this to pick something out for the holidays.

There has also been an absence of "using what you have" posts lately as well...so here we are:
I used to have a punch bowl...I no longer have a punch bowl...and the other day, I needed a punch bowl.  What I do have are mixing bowls.  So, the punch is in a mixing bowl, with a soup ladle for the scoop.  The whole thing is on a glass plate that I covered with bits of greenery snipped from the yard.  It worked out quite well.
And for the cups...I have been meaning to make those fancy beaded things you attach to the handles of cups or wine glasses to show which one is yours...but I still haven't done it.  So...the kids each picked a colour from the yarn stash, and there we go.

I can't wait to see what you are all making.

1 comment: