Friday 30 December 2011

Creative Friday - a work in progress

Now is the time of year when I usually focus on finishing up some unfinished projects that I have around the house.
Right now, I am working on finishing up a rag rug to put in front of the dryer. I made one last year for in front of the washing machine, and still have not finished this second one.  I have reached a slow part because in order to finish this rug up, I need to unravel a braided rug that just wasn't working (to get the strips).  I am using a giant crochet hook and simply doing a single crochet back and forth in rows (so far, it is the only thing I know how to crochet, but that is something to work on in the future).
I think I am about 3/4 of the way through, with the work I did on it yesterday.  Soon, I will do a finished items post.

Come join the fun at Natural Suburbia's Creative Friday and at Wisdom Begins in Wonder for Fiber Arts Friday
I look forward to seeing what you are all working on.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like rag rugs. For some reason, I only think about weaving them, but crochet is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rag rugs, my grandma makes them. I have a circular one she made in my kitchen in front of the sink. She sent me one of those huge crochet hooks to try it myself as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something extra homey and comfortable about those rag rugs, yours are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rag rug. We used to have them in the house when I was growing up. I thought about weaving one but crochet is another idea.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make pet mats in a similar way ... with a giant q hook and inexpensive material. It's a great way to use up yarn that's too scratchy for clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rag rugs always remind me of my dearly departed Grama. She had a brown one in front of her sink for many years. I'll be looking forward to seeing yours finished. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete