Rolling out lots of clay for serving dishes of all sizes. Some with Juniper, Cedar,
the first Ferns of the season...
Reclaiming about a year's worth of clay trimmings. I've reclaimed about a third so far. Without a pug mill, it's a hard job and I can only do a little bit at a time...maybe 10 pounds? Max.
Playing with texture in different serving dishes...
...like this one. I'm having a terrible time with these cracking though, so there aren't a lot of finished products for the number of them made.
A little bit of wheel throwing. I find I'm throwing pots only to replace the ones that I have sold. All of my newer items seem to be hand built.
I've found I can make the tube vases without the extruder (I don't have one at home...only at the college studio, and no access to that one until September). Added bonus - I can make them in small batches so I don't end up tired of them before the pile is done.
A whole-lotta rolling out of clay. I'll share this in the next couple of weeks, but over a period of a couple of weeks, I made 7 dozen of a particular item for Sarnia Artwalk. LOTS of rolling.
And one finished piece... I've made myself a necklace to wear at Sarnia Artwalk out of some of the beads I made. I haven't had any beads at a show yet, so I thought I would introduce them with an example or two of how to use them.
I apologize for the quality of the photos. They are all from my instagram feed, and somehow the quality deteriorated trying to add them into this post. I'll try to rememdy that.