Tuesday 21 January 2014

In which I use the whole jar...

Yesterday, I shared a few branch slice project ideas (you can see the whole list over here).  N walked right in and started rearranging the few letters I had made to make other words, and asked if they were for Carlisle (the August show I will be doing...a kind of pioneer festival).  What a great idea!
I made one full set of the alphabet and then just used up the rest of the slices in my mason jar making duplicates of the most popular letters.  If you are wondering why I have a mason jar full of branch slices, they are left over from the name tags I made for the Earth SmART Art Show at the boys' school two years ago.
At the show last year, everybody with small children walked straight past my booth (I make and sell pottery, by the way) so that their children wouldn't break things.  I have been trying to think of something I could arrange so that the small children could "hang out" while their parents have a quick peek.  So, I have wrapped these up in a little cloth bag to take with me.  I will spread out a blanket near the door of my booth (we are on grass, in a big open field) and have these available to play with.  I will be keeping an eye out for other simple, old-fashioned, natural entertainment I can add to the blanket.

Isn't the boy clever?

1 comment:

  1. Of course I just love this!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Warm wishes,
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete